As I explained in previous sections, given that GSD type 1b is a very rare disease, there is a clear lack of funds which are urgently needed in order to move forward the ongoing research.
This is why we would like to kindly request your support making a donation and forwarding this website to your contacts so that, through a joint effort, we manage to raise awareness and support the research. All funds will be used to fund the current ongoing researches on GSD 1b in:
- The University of Connecticut under the supervision of Professor Youngmok Lee
- The area of research of the Center for Liver, Digestive and Metabolic Diseases led by Dr. Derks. and in the
- The De Duve Institute and the researches led by Professor Veiga da Cunha y el Professor Emile Van Schaftingen.
To make it as easy as possible we give you different possibilities to donate.
You can donate by Paypal. Please click the “Donate” button and you will be able to donate with credit or debit card or through a Paypal account. Paypal charges 3,4% commission plus 0,35 Euro per donation (i.e. If you enter 100 USD Paypal will charge 3,75 USD so 96,25 USD will be received):
If you prefer donating through a bank transfer please use the following details. All donations received will be sent to UCONN:
- IBAN: ES22 1465 0380 45 1728079845
- Account number: 1465 0380 45 1728079845
- BIC code: INGDESMMXXX
- Account holder: Enrique Landelino Contreras Pulido Coholder: Marta D’Agosto
No matter the option you choose, all funds will be entirely dedicated to the GSD 1b ongoing researches. We will publish details about the donations received and which part of the research they are funding. You will certainly have guarantees that your donation has been properly used.
In this entry in my blog you can find a first update about the funds raised together. Please find below all the certificates of all the donations we have done to the different projects:
- Donation certificate to UCONN for 107.671 $
- Donation certificate for UMCG for 4.456 €
- Donation certificate for De Duve institute for 500 €
- Donation certificate for De Duve Institute for 270 €
Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart.
A big NinaHug.